Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Hunger and the Tutor

I gnawed upon the flesh, it was chewy and in part sated the hunger but this did not seem enough. I smiled at the man whos eyes were wide and panic had started to set in. I said in what I hoped was a convincing tone, "Don't worry......your contributing to the strength of my child. Your name may long since be forgotten but the nourishment and strength that you give will live on." He didn't seem convinced, I goaded on, "Don't be selfish, thinking of just you...."
I was growing tire of trying to placate this selfish man. I brought my dagger out trying to figure out where the artery of the neck is, a slash here, with a fine line of blood. Frowning and thinking this isn't going as well as it should be, I growl at him like it is somehow further his fault. Then trip a little gauging the dagger into the adams apple. Blood spurting me in the face, ruining my pretty dress. Blinking a little and almost an apology escaping from her lips. But pausing and getting mad again, she doesn't owe him anything, he owes her and her child. There was so much blood about the now recently deceased man. I started to skin the man, to get all the hair off, because logically who likes eating hair? Anyone who does, now that is truly sick. I get a basket to put all the undesirables, I relieve him of his ears and head, arms and feet and private regions. Taking out the guts, god those are like big neverending worms, into the basket they all went. I had to get changed and get a new basket because it was too much, I dragged the basket out and decided to dump the remaints of the body into the ocean near where the fisherman fish. You know figure help them a little bit with some new crab or fish bait. Then get a different basket, pausing afterwards to sit on the edge of the fountain. Damn feet of a pregnant woman, swollen and abused. Finally I drag myself up and get to work, I save the heart and get rid of kidneys, gallbladder, stomach. The meat I put some salt on it and take it to my room and hang it up, letting it dry or that is the theory. My mouth moistening as I see some leftovers, I pan fry it with some garlic and a little marigold flower. Then serve it as I eat it, it saddens me a little. Not the death but that this is my secret now, my burden and beast. Plus I need to find some good recipes for meat.